IQ – Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
Who is the qualification for?
The accredited award in assessing competence in the work environment qualification is ideal for trainee assessors who would like to be fully qualified assessors for learners in either the classroom and/or the work environment. Full details of the qualification we deliver, including units required, can be found here.
Why should I choose Cognitia as my training provider?
- Weekly webinars providing support for questions you may have.
- Easy to use E-portfolio system from Quals Direct. Click HERE to watch our YouTube Video.
- One to one video support calls / telephone calls.
- Clear and concise assessment plans, showing you EXACTLY what you need to do to achieve your NVQ.
- Experienced team of assessors and quality assurers – some of whom work as External Verifiers for Awarding Bodies
About the qualification:
The new qualification which has replaced the old A1\2 and D32\33 assessor qualification. The course is sometimes referred to as TAQA and it is aimed at helping students to understand assessment strategies and quality assurance procedures for QCF qualifications.
It is made up of 2 units; one knowledge based and the other practical assessment of two learners.
Unit 1: Understand the Principles and Practice of Assessment
Unit 2: Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
What will you learn?
This qualification will enable you to assess vocational competence, knowledge & understanding in a wide range of qualifications such as:
- Functional Skills
- Technical Certificates
- NVQ’s (QCF/RQF)
Furthering your training & development:
Once you have your qualification you will be able to work in a number of roles as:
- Assessing learners in a college or training provider
- Assessing learners in a workplace.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £500 plus VAT (£600 total).
Spread the cost of this course with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status), from as little as £40 a month!
What to do next?
Sign up online – due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio.