SSSTS Course Cardiff, London & Bedford
This two-day Site supervision safety training scheme (SSSTS) course is designed for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. We have locations nationwide so you can book your SSSTS course near Cardiff, London or Bedford.
It is designed to help supervisors to:
- supervise health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their role.
- develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare of workers on site recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
About the course:
This is an interactive course covering these topic areas. Delegates will be involved in GROUP project work that will include risk assessments and tool box talks.
- Health and safety law
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
- Health and safety management systems
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Statutory inspections and checks
- Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Health and welfare of the workforce
- First aid and emergency procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Dust and fumes
- Noise and vibration
- Manual handling
- Site set up and security
- Fire prevention and control
- Plant and work equipment
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment
- Working at height
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined spaces
- Temporary works
- Environmental awareness
- Waste materials
The examination paper is compulsory and consists of 25 questions, selected by CITB, covering all aspects of the course. The examination pass mark is 80% (24 out of 30). The paper consists of 22 multiple choice questions and three short written questions. There are four safety critical questions in each exam paper. The delegate must answer all four of these questions correctly to pass the exam. The multiple-choice questions are worth 1 point each, whereas written questions can score between 1-3 marks.
Am I suitable for this course?
Delegates should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a supervisor. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
What will I get when I complete it?
- CITB SSSTS Course Certificate that lasts 5 years
- Nationally recognised Health & Safety Qualification for construction supervisors
- Increased Job Opportunities for employment in a supervisory role.
You can book your course right now online below,
or call us on 02921 675265
This course is run on weekdays and weekends. We can also run this course “in house”; contact us for more information on how to book.
|04 - 05July||Book this course|
|13 - 14July||Book this course|
|16 - 17July||Book this course|
|23 - 24July||Book this course|
|12 - 13August||Book this course|
|17 - 18August||Book this course|