Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) – Refresher Course
Who Is The Course For:
This is a two-day refresher of the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course. Taking this course renews your SMSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
Next available dates:
|29 - 30April||Book this course|
|11 - 12June||Book this course|
|29 - 30August||Book this course|
|28 - 29October||Book this course|
About the course
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Candidates will be continuously assessed through individual and group exercises and will have to pass an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
- A valid SMSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate expires.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide photo ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
Grants and funding:
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit the CITB grant page.
£350.00 +VAT (£420) per delegate.
Discount for two or more delegates.
This cost includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Spread the cost of this course with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status), these are the payment options:
Deposit of £84, then the following monthly payments: 3 months – £112 a month, 6 months – £56 a month, 9 months – £37.34 a month
Discount won’t be applied if finance is taken out.
Cognitia are accredited to deliver this course by: