ProQual Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management
Why do a Diploma in Construction Site Management?
This NVQ Level 6 Site Manager (Pathway One, Building & Civil Engineering) qualification is aimed at Project Managers, Site Managers & Contracts Managers.
What CSCS Card Will I Achieve?
You will be able to apply for a Black CSCS Card.
What is this NVQ and what are the units?
This NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management is a work-based qualification suitable for those in a construction management role, which recognises a person’s competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations. You will use an online system to help you with the process of putting together your portfolio and will be assisted online by an experienced assessor throughout. You will also be assessed within the workplace and take part in a professional discussion.
The main plus points are:
- No formal examination,
- Flexible workplace study – earn while you learn
- Continuous enrolment, start any time
- Equivalent to an academic qualification
NVQs are designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs, so many learners take about six months to a year to complete. They are outcome-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility of delivery to meet your individual needs. To earn a qualification, you must complete mandatory units, and the overall qualification allows learners to demonstrate competence again National Occupational Standards which are based on the needs of the Construction and Built Environment industry as defined by ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council. As such it contributes to the development of skilled labour in the sector.
The 19 Units for this Level 6 Diploma are:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operations Requirements in the Work Place
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-related Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £1650 +VAT (a total of £1,980).
Spread the cost of these NVQ’s with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status).
Why should I choose Cognitia as my training provider?
- Weekly webinars providing support for questions you may have.
- Easy to use E-portfolio system from Quals Direct. Click HERE to watch our YouTube Video.
- One to one video support calls / telephone calls.
- Clear and concise assessment plans, showing you EXACTLY what you need to do to achieve your NVQ.
- Experienced team of assessors and quality assurers – some of whom work as External Verifiers for Awarding Bodies.
What do I do next?
Sign up online – due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio.
You can apply for a RED TRAINEE CSCS Card when you prove you are enrolled on a Construction Manager NVQ (subject to passing the MAPS CSCS Test).