ProQual Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
This NVQ Level 4 Site Supervisor (Pathway One: Building & Civil Engineering) qualification is aimed at experienced Construction Site Supervisors.
What CSCS Card Will I Achieve
You will be able to apply for a Gold CSCS Card.
What is this NVQ and what are the units?
This NVQ Level 4 Diploma is a work-based qualification suitable for those in a construction supervisory role, which recognises a person’s competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations. You will use an online system to help you with the process of putting together your portfolio and will be assisted online by an experienced assessor throughout. You will also be assessed within your workplace, which will include a professional discussion.
The main plus points are:
- No formal examination
- Flexible workplace study – earn while you learn
- Equivalent to an academic qualification
NVQs are designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs, so many learners take about six months to a year to complete. They are outcome-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility of delivery to meet your individual needs. To earn a qualification, you must complete mandatory units, and the overall qualification allows learners to demonstrate competence again National Occupational Standards which are based on the needs of the Construction and Built Environment industry as defined by ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council. As such it contributes to the development of skilled labour in the sector.
The 14 Units for this Level 4 Diploma are:
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace:
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace:
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace:
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace:
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace:
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace:
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace:
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace:
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace:
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace:
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace:
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace:
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £1200 +VAT (a total of £1440).
Spread the cost of these NVQ’s with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status), these are the payment options:
Deposit: £288, then one of the following monthly payment options:
3 months – £384 a month
6 months – £192 a month
9 months – £128 a month
10 months – £115.20 a month
12 months – £96 a month
Why should I choose Cognitia as my training provider?
- Weekly webinars providing support for questions you may have.
- Easy to use E-portfolio system from Quals Direct. Click HERE to watch our YouTube Video.
- One to one video support calls / telephone calls.
- Clear and concise assessment plans, showing you EXACTLY what you need to do to achieve your NVQ.
- Experienced team of assessors and quality assurers – some of whom work as External Verifiers for Awarding Bodies.
What do I Do Next?
Sign up online – due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio.
You can apply for a RED TRAINEE CSCS Card when you are able to prove you are enrolled on a Construction Supervisor NVQ (subject to passing the relevant CSCS Test).