Why do a Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction)?
This NVQ Level 3 Site Supervisor qualification is aimed at experienced Construction Site Supervisors. If you have the right amount of experience, but not the required qualification to apply for your Gold CSCS card, then this qualification is for you.
What will you get out of it?
Possibly a pay rise
You will be more of an asset to your employer or client
Shows a willingness for continuous professional development
It’s a recognised CITB qualification
What is this NVQ and what are the units?
This NVQ Level 3 Diploma is a work-based qualification suitable for those in a construction supervisory role, which recognises a person’s competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations. You will use an online system to help you with the process of putting together your portfolio and will be assisted online by an experienced assessor throughout. You will also be assessed on site and take part in a professional discussion.
The main plus points are:
- No formal examination
- Flexible workplace study – earn while you learn
- Continuous enrolment, start any time
- Equivalent to an academic qualification
NVQs are designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs, so many learners take about six months to a year to complete. They are outcome-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility of delivery to meet your individual needs. To earn a qualification, you must complete mandatory units, and the overall qualification allows learners to demonstrate competence again National Occupational Standards which are based on the needs of the Construction and Built Environment industry as defined by ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council. As such it contributes to the development of skilled labour in the sector.
The FIVE Mandatory Units (52 Credits)
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Implementing and Maintaining Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising Work Operations in the Workplace
Optional TWO Units (must achieve minimum 15 Credits) – select any two of the following to achieve
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant and Equipment in the Workplace (9 credits)
- Monitoring Progress of Work Against Schedules in the Workplace (9 credits)
- Confirming Work Meets Quality Standards in the Workplace (9 credits)
- Implementing Procedures to Support the Team’s Performance in the Workplace (11 credits)
- Co-ordinating and Confirming Dimensional Control of Requirements of the Work in the Workplace (8 credits)
- Contributing to the Circulation of Construction Related Project Information in the Workplace (7 credits)
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £1,100 +VAT (a total of £1,320). We accept all major forms of credit card. For UK customers only we also offer a 6 month payment plan via Direct Debit with a 20% deposit.
What do I do next?
Sign up online – due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio.