Level 7 Diploma Construction Senior Manager
Why do a Diploma in Construction Senior Management?
This Level 7 Diploma Construction Senior Manager qualification is aimed at Senior Management Level / Executives within the construction and built environment sector.
It is also a recognised route to achieve a Black CSCS Card and Chartered Membership of the CIOB.
What is this NVQ and what are the units?
This NVQ Level 7 Diploma is a work-based qualification suitable for those in a senior construction management role, which recognises a person’s competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations. You will use an online “e-portfolio to help you with the process of putting together your evidence and will be assisted online by an experienced assessor throughout. You could also be assessed within the workplace and will take part in a professional discussion.
The main plus points are:
- No formal examination
- Flexible workplace study – earn while you learn
- Continuous enrolment, start any time
- Equivalent to an academic qualification
NVQs are designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs, so many learners take about six months to a year to complete. They are outcome-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility of delivery to meet your individual needs. To earn a qualification, you must complete mandatory units, and the overall qualification allows learners to demonstrate competence again National Occupational Standards which are based on the needs of the Construction and Built Environment industry as defined by ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council. As such it contributes to the development of skilled labour in the sector.
How is the qualification achieved?
To achieve this qualification a minimum of 144 credits need to be attained by completing all 4 mandatory units, plus 6 optional units from a minimum of two optional units groups A, B and C.
When selecting optional units, you must choose 6 optional units from at least two groups from either Group A, B or C, achieving the minimum total of 85 credits.
The Learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
Mandatory – 59 credits
- Manage teams in construction – 16 credits
- Lead and participate in meetings in construction management – 12 credits
- Provide ethical advice, judgement and service in construction management – 20 credits
- Develop self and others in construction management – 11 credits
Optional – Group A: Project Development
- Prepare and agree a brief and development programme in construction management – 24 credits
- Manage design development and processes in construction management – 22 credits
- Assess and evaluate the environmental impact of developments in construction management – 20 credits
- Evaluate sustainable resources and requirements – 17 credits
- Manage marketing and customer service in construction organisations – 13 credits
Optional – Group B: Procurement Contracts & Budgets
- Establish project procurement arrangements in construction management – 18 credits
- Implement strategic sourcing partnerships in construction management – 17 credits
- Manage procurement processes in construction – 17 credits
- Prepare and submit estimates, bids and tenders in construction management – 14 credits
- Ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated and concluded in construction – 18 credits
- Control organisational and project income and expenditure in construction management – 11 credits
Optional – Group C: Project Control
- Control projects outcomes in construction management – 17 credits
- Evaluate and progress the resolution of disputes in construction management – 18 credits
- Manage project completion in construction management – 13 credits
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £2,800 +VAT (a total of £3,360). We accept all major forms of credit card. For UK customers only we also offer a 6 month payment plan via Direct Debit.
What do I do next?
Sign up online – due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio. Check out our resource pack for details
To find out more about the qualification, or contact us using the link below.