Health & Safety Consultancy Services from Cognitia
The financial impact on UK businesses, regardless of their size, has been greatly impacted since the major changes to the size of fines that can be handed out for health and safety breaches. Here are some examples:
UK safety fines rose 80% in first year of new sentencing guidelines
Wrexham County Borough Council has been fined £150,000 after a 57-year old man was diagnosed with Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS).
Jail sentences for breaches of the Health & Safety at Work Act and Gross Negligence Manslaughter are on the increase – some examples are here:
Two men have been sentenced to a total of five years following the death of a father-of-five at a Northamptonshire building site.
How can you protect your business?
Cognitia Consulting have a team of Chartered and Graduate Members of IOSH who can conduct a thorough examination of your work based activities and produce a risk rating exposure for your business.
- We offer annual and monthly support packages – assisting with policies, procedures and RAMS.
- We can assist with HSE interventions – improvement notices and prohibition notices. Assisting you to get it right and prevent re occurrence.
- Help you achieve ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Value for money services – not generic policies and procedures.
- Multi industry experience – construction, manufacturing & engineering.
Take our business compliance test
Complete this online form and we will produce a short report on your exposure to legislation.
Your people are your greatest asset. Protect them and your business. Work with us to ensure your compliance.