Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Course
Who Is The Course For:
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
The course covers knowledge such as:
- The roles and responsibilities of the first-aider
- how to assess an incident
- First aid skills in CPR and use of an AED
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with external bleeding
- Dealing with hypovolaemic shock
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Candidates will be continuously assessed through individual and group exercises and will have to pass a multiple-choice test.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide photo ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
£65.00 +VAT (£78) per delegate.
This cost includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Other Variations Of This Course:
Cognitia are accredited to deliver this course by: