This two-day Site supervision safety training scheme (SSSTS) course is designed for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. We have locations nationwide so you can book your SSSTS course near Cardiff, London or Bedford.
more info Next available dates:
This course is run on weekdays and weekends. We can also run this course “in house”; contact us for more information on how to book.
It is designed to help supervisors to:
- Supervise health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare of workers on site recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly.
- The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
- It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
This is an interactive course covering these topic areas. Delegates will be involved in GROUP project work that will include risk assessments and tool box talks.
sildenafil citrate online canadian pharmacy Module 1
Health and safety law
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
Health and safety management systems
Risk assessments and method statements
Statutory inspections and checks
Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
Leadership and worker engagement
Health and welfare of the workforce
First aid and emergency procedures
Dust and fumes
Noise and vibration
Site set up and security
Fire prevention and control
Plant and work equipment
Lifting operations and lifting equipment
Working at height
Underground and overhead services
The examination paper is compulsory and consists of 25 questions, selected by CITB, covering all aspects of the course. The examination pass mark is 80% (24 out of 30). The paper consists of 22 multiple choice questions and three short written questions. There are four safety critical questions in each exam paper. The delegate must answer all four of these questions correctly to pass the exam. The multiple-choice questions are worth 1 point each, whereas written questions can score between 1-3 marks.
Am I suitable for this course?
- Delegates should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a supervisor.
- Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
- Photo ID will be required to attend the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
What will I get when I complete it?
- CITB SSSTS Course Certificate that lasts 5 years
- Nationally recognised Health & Safety Qualification for construction supervisors
- Increased Job Opportunities for employment in a supervisory role.
Grants and funding:
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit the CITB grant page.
£265.00 +VAT (£318) per delegate.
Discount for two or more delegates.
The course includes publications, registration, certification, lunch (except for weekend courses) and refreshments.
Spread the cost of this course with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status), these are the payment options:
Deposit of £50, then one of the following monthly payment options: 3 months – £90 a month, 6 months – £45 a month, 9 months – £30 a month
Discount won’t be applied if finance is taken out.
Cognitia are accredited to deliver this course by: