ProQual Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction)
This NVQ Level 3 Site Supervisor qualification is aimed at experienced Construction Site Supervisors.
What CSCS Card Will I Achieve?
You will be able to apply for a Gold CSCS Card.
What is this NVQ and what are the units?
This NVQ Level 3 Diploma is a work-based qualification suitable for those in a construction supervisory role, which recognises a person’s competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations. You will use an online system to help you with the process of putting together your portfolio and will be assisted online by an experienced assessor throughout. You will also be assessed on site and take part in a professional discussion.
The main plus points are:
- No formal examination
- Flexible workplace study – earn while you learn
- Continuous enrolment, start any time
- Equivalent to an academic qualification
NVQs are designed to be taken at a pace that suits your needs, so many learners take about six months to a year to complete. They are outcome-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility of delivery to meet your individual needs. To earn a qualification, you must complete mandatory units, and the overall qualification allows learners to demonstrate competence again National Occupational Standards which are based on the needs of the Construction and Built Environment industry as defined by ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council. As such it contributes to the development of skilled labour in the sector.
The FIVE Mandatory Units (52 Credits)
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Implementing and Maintaining Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising Work Operations in the Workplace
Optional TWO Units (must achieve minimum 15 Credits) – select any two of the following to achieve
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant and Equipment in the Workplace (9 credits)
- Monitoring Progress of Work Against Schedules in the Workplace (9 credits)
- Confirming Work Meets Quality Standards in the Workplace (9 credits)
- Implementing Procedures to Support the Team’s Performance in the Workplace (11 credits)
- Co-ordinating and Confirming Dimensional Control of Requirements of the Work in the Workplace (8 credits)
- Contributing to the Circulation of Construction Related Project Information in the Workplace (7 credits)
How much does it cost?
The cost of the qualification is £1000 +VAT (a total of £1200).
Spread the cost of this course with our INTEREST FREE finance (subject to status), these are the payment options:
Deposit of £300, then one of the following monthly payment options:
3 months – £400 a month
6 months – £200 a month
9 months – £133.34 a month
10 month – £120 a month
12 months – £100 a month
Why should I choose Cognitia as my training provider?
- Weekly webinars providing support for questions you may have.
- Easy to use E-portfolio system from Quals Direct. Click HERE to watch our YouTube Video.
- One to one video support calls / telephone calls.
- Clear and concise assessment plans, showing you EXACTLY what you need to do to achieve your NVQ.
- Experienced team of assessors and quality assurers – some of whom work as External Verifiers for Awarding Bodies.
What have past learners said after completing this qualification?
“I Would like to thank Nigel and his team for their hard work getting me through my NVQ level 3 construction site Supervision, highly professional company with great communication. Highly recommend, will use Cognitia again for future training needs. Thank you”
“Cognitia delivered a fully professional service from day one, with support and guidance at every stage. I will certainly continue to use them in the near future for my own personal development”
What to do next?
Sign up online – due to the very nature of an NVQ being a work-based assessment, you just need to ensure that you are in a position in your current role to be able to collect the evidence required for your portfolio.
You can apply for a RED TRAINEE CSCS Card when you prove you are enrolled on a Construction Supervisor NVQ (subject to passing the relevant CSCS Test).